Friday, April 18, 2008

Bloggers Unite

I am joining up with a group called "Bloggers Unite for Human Rights."  I don't think it will change the world overnight, but I also don't think it will have no impact.  

What I think it will do is join my voice with those of many others around the country -- and world -- to remind us that we are accountable for each other.  If a Christian bothers to inform him-or-herself about their faith, they will learn that they are responsible for all of their brothers and sisters -- "the least of these," as Jesus said.  

One of the initiatives this group will undertake is to have all its members -- bloggers from every corner and of every sort -- write about some aspect of the work toward basic human rights on the same day.  That day is May 15.  

I will do my tiny bit that day.  If you want to learn more about it, go to unite.blogcatalog.com.  

See you then.